Are you interested in ways to keep or reduce your property insurance?
Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara in partnership with state emergency agencies has written into CA State law that insurance companies must recognize and reward homeowners and businesses for their wildfire safety and mitigation efforts. All insurance companies must now provide discounts to their consumers under the Safer from Wildfires Framework.
Safer from Wildfires Framework
To learn more about the Safer from Wildfire Framework and the efforts homeowners and businesses need to do in order to receive insurance discounts, click the following link: Safer from Wildfires Framework
If you have questions about your insurance, United Policyholders (UP) is here to help. UP is a non-profit 501(c)(3) whose mission is to provide information and resources to homeowners and businesses. UP is there to help with any questions you may have relating to insurance whether you are shopping for the right company or trying to navigate a claim. Contact UP with your insurance questions.
- Commissioner Lara enforces nation’s first wildfire safety regulation to help drive down the cost of insurance:
- Actions toward Safer from Wildfires Framework
- Safer from Wildfires Press Release
- List of Insurance Companies offering discounts
- Presentation by Amy Bach, ED of United Policyholders on the FSS Speaker Series