Are you ready to GO?
The American Red Cross recommends every family have an emergency supply kit assembled long before a wildland fire or other emergency occurs. Use the checklist below to help assemble yours.
- Three-day supply of water (one gallon per person, per day) and non-perishable food for the family (3 day supply).
- Non-perishable food for all family members and pets (three-day supply).
- First aid kit and sanitation supplies.
- Flashlight, battery-powered radio, and extra batteries.
- An extra set of car keys, credit cards, cash, or traveler’s checks.
- Extra eyeglasses, contact lenses, prescriptions, and medications.
- Important family documents and contact numbers, including insurance documents.
- Map marked with evacuation routes.
- Easily carried valuables and irreplaceable items.
- Personal electronic devices and chargers.
- Keep a pair of old shoes and a flashlight handy in case of a sudden evacuation at night.
REMEMBER: It is most important that you personalize your GO BAG checklist that fits you and your family’s needs. It will look different for everyone and there are so many checklists you can find out there. Make sure your GO BAG fits you!
For more information on emergency supplies visit www.redcross.org/gethelp.